Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Room With A View

I nice view to wake up to...
I spent my first three weeks in Italy, in a small town just out of Trieste called Muggia. I was sleeping in a 'tower' of sorts, a little loft room at a friend's house and there was one thing that I couldn't get tired off... The view!

It's amazing how the personality of a place can change so much based on the weather. I saw the water as still and clear as glass; I saw the wind change the view completely, bringing in dark grey clouds, the water becoming brooding and sinister; I also saw some amazing sunsets...




Muggia is a cute little fishing village. Everyone's life in this area seems to revolve around the water...

Muggia Harbour
Castello di Muggia- it's actually someone's home!
In the evenings (before it started getting cold) we would have dinner outside (under an awning with a grape vine growing over it of course!) and this was the amazing view that went along with amazing home cooked meals!

Lunch with a view!
There's something about the Adriatic Sea that is unique. It's the colours and tones that the water takes on that amaze me! The following photo just doesn't do it justice, but one day when I went for a walk down to the 'harbour', the colours over the water were amazing... Pastel blues & pinks... Sometimes however, the water is like a silver blue colour and it's hard to define where the water ends and the horizon begins! I can never get sick of looking at water scenes...


Something else I really enjoyed during my stay in Muggia was the amazing garden my friends had! They were growing all kinds of fruit, herbs, vegetables and even nuts... Everything that we ate was based on their home grown produce... Not bad hey?? They also had wild lavender growing (quite wildly, at that!) all throughout their garden... Hmmm, can you smell it?!



I think Muggia will always have a place in my heart. It was a unique little spot (close to the border of Slovenia!), with a lot of character and while I was there I enjoyed many wonderful moments...

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... I'm there... through you! Life doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy your bella esperienza italiana. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete